Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two kinds of Filipinos

Or at least I think there are two kinds of Filipinos. I just realized this when the new Philippine President was elected.

It was like a truck went by a crowd and tore them in two parts. Meaning, their beliefs in governance and change.

Me and my dad had probably talked about the government so many times, and it never goes out of fashion I must say. Dad believes in change and peace and rainbows and butterflies. He always see the best in people, though not necessarily. He wanted to change the world, He has an eye for the less fortunate: he always want to help them. He's that much of a giver and helper. But there are people like me, someone who knows that change is only possible when everyone wants it. I have seen how strong Filipinos are, they know what they believe in, they know their rights an d they know change. The thing is that, they don't really know how to start change. I'm a believer that everything has its time, and maybe this is not yet the time for change. Let us wait for a couple of days, months or even years. Coz really, change starts from the heart.

They have been expecting too much from the new President, he has things to do instead of wasting his time to listen to problems that he has heard of before. Yes, he has been a good president. I am impressed, he lasted for more than a hundred days. Lets not push and expect him to do all we want all at the same time. Patience my dear, we had forgotten that patience is really a virtue.

Change, I heard that too many times before. Not that I don't believe in it anymore but I have learned to wait for change. Even climate change took its time to be a really bad one. We even need to wait for our change when we rode the jeepney or when buying something from the Sari-Sari store. It all takes time, chill.

And you know what goes hand in hand with change? It's YOU.

He once said, we are the boss. Yes we are, we always are.

Kayo ang boss ko, kaya’t hindi maaaring hindi ako makinig sa mga utos ninyo. We will design and implement an interaction and feedback mechanism that can effectively respond to the people’s needs and aspirations.




No comments:

Post a Comment