Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the grinch has gift ideas

Little by little, Christmas seemed to drift away. When I was a kid, I loved Christmas. I wake up early on the 25th to see a pool of gifts that are as high as half the height of the Christmas tree. Me and my cousins would sit on the floor as our aunt calls out our names for the gifts. They also tell us lies that we receive these gifts because we've been good boys and girls for the past year. Now Christmas is just another holiday that we get to rest or skip work, or at least have a valid reason not be at the office. Christmas for adults are not the same. Now I check the gifts underneath our tree and the only ones I see are for my brother and the other kids at home. It's not as many as it had been before. Well, I am not saying I hate Christmas because of the gifts or not getting gifts but because I have to keep up with the fact that I have to spend it with less a person than last year. mom. She's not the most joyous mom, nor the best cook who makes noche buena, she sleeps on the night of the noche buena and new year. We order food, no one really cooks. So the only thing that will be different now is that she won't be there, no one will be sleeping away Christmas eve or the new year. No matter how invisible mom is during the holidays, I am still happy that she's there. Her presence was warm and makes me feel like I have these people who loves me.

Now, the holidays are just people at the mall trying to grab every sale item. It makes me sick to my stomach, I hate too many people walking around bumping you as you can smell how sweaty they were. Sadly, these people knows only one thing about christmas: gifts.

They never realize how the others didn't want any material thing. Sometimes, a person only need a hug, a smile, a prayer, a push... a spark of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment