Monday, May 14, 2012

The Asian boy and the schoolgirl

As many people may know, I developed an obsession with anything ASIAN. Not just because i'm asian but because they are just so cute! And I just met the cutest asian in the world. *school girl gushing*

Fangirl fantasies aside, Jay Park is one of the kindest K-pop kids I met. Plus he doesn't need a translator to talk to you.

For a week, I can probably say I've let go of all my commitments (including basketball) to be a Jay Park groupie, it was a part of my sweet sweet job and it's nice to know that my clients from MCA Music loves me very much and I love them very much too, so the feeling is mutual. They've given me All-access to all things Jay Park.This event and person is very memorable because this is the last gadgets mag issue i'm working on, and then I'm off to my new job in the wild.

So... Jay Park, or Park Jaebeom. Lets cut to the chase.

When I got his itinerary for Jay's stay in the Philippines, I was like "whoah, no spare time". He got every minute scheduled and every move marked. It must have been hard to work with such big star, but when I met him. He was the sweetest, funniest and the most charming kid ever. Ms.Grace from MCA even told me that it has been difficult working with big stars like him but he is very nice and he doesn't complain. I'll say, three concerts in a weekend, that must have been very hard.

Through this whole shenanigan, I've met the wildest fans and the craziest kids.Screaming and teary-eyed as Jay Park entered the stage. I didn't understand, I wasn't a fan. I was just there to do my job as an official media partner. He grows on you, he really does. It was the charm, the tattoo, the hair, the skin, the dance moves, the voice and it is him, with his feet on the ground. He is promoting his full-length album called NEW BREED! get a copy now!:)


I can't say that much anymore coz I must write all this for the magazine and not here, so I will just share photos from my camera and the official photos sent by my lovely friends from MCA.:)

airport arrival


press con at Eastwood Richmonde


Eastwood show






Mckinley Hill show and autograph signing

Lucky Chinatown show

Bandila guesting


Gadgets shoot

and here's one photo of Jay Park during our shoot, adorable!:)



2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've yet to come across anyone, whether industry related or personal acquaintances, who've had the chance to meet/work with him, that ever spoke ill of Jay. Jay Park has a multitude of talents and that is part of the reason I am his fan. But I am one of his biggest supporters because the man BEHIND those talents are even greater. Jay Park, indeed, is Mr. New Breed, one-of-a-kind!

    Thanks for this post and I can't wait for the Gadget magazine article to come out. #MustRead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know him til I saw the screaming fans outside the hotel he was staying at and i told myself, he's a really big star. Then when I finally got to meet him, i was surprised on how humble he was and how easy it was to work with him.:)

    He's amazing and it's nice that so many people love him.♥

    ReplyDelete