Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jens Knuttel; cool, well and subtle

encounters: Jens Knuttel
&
BTS: Gadgets Magazine June Issue


The Philippines is certainly a basketball country, I haven't met someone who doesn't know a thing or two about basketball.

Well most of the people I know are die-hard fans, analysts, players or when you are not on the abovementioned you are a high-school gushing fan.
So long Sipa and Luksong Baka.

Basketball. In the Philippines, I found a nation of people who love hoops as passionately as I do. At first, it was hard to believe. How did a tall man's game become a cultural force of nature in a Southeast Asian country full of fairly short people?
-photo and italicized text from Rafe Bartholomew, Pacific Rims

See what I mean, anyways.. I am no exception for the love of sports (specifically Basketball) and extreme sports.

But really, I didn't stumble over anyone that would be perfect for our June Issue. Except that our intern, Claud, suggested Jens Knuttel (read as Yens) of the FEU Tams. And I got his contact through some common friends, what a small world.

I would avoid some ego fluffing and compliments

I met tons of athletes, from pacquiao to james yap, but I have never met such young athlete with awesome looks to top off with.

I wouldn't dare explain who he is.
He's just really friendly and nice, humble and no arrogant vibe.

I would avoid some ego fluffing and compliments (not really)
Here he is for our first look on the photo spread.

Special Thanks to Coach Bert for letting Jens do this shoot and skipping practice.


Like Lauren, I didn't hear any complaint on the hot weather. He just told me he sweats too much(athletes).
And for starters, it's a tropical country, we can never really change that.

Jens is such a nice guy, though with constant bugging like a little boy, everyone thought he was charming like crazy.


Now I know why sooooooo many girls drool over him.
and when you google his name, you must be scared of all the stalker-ish photos.


On the shoot, Lauren is supposedly a high-end, fashion, class A stalker.
Jens even joked, "ang ganda naman ng stalker ko, pwedeng palit?"


Here he is posing with my Lenovo B470.
participation.:)) hahaha

Athletes are so awkward in posing, so I had to push his right knee back and his left feet forward and there it is.


Did I mention Lauren is reaaally tall and wearing Soule Phenomenon 6-inch wedges. So here Jens is tip-toe-ing, everyone started laughing. He's just too funny.:)

Then he says "natatawa ako pag napapatingin ako sayo eh."
I'm no clown dear. no. haha!


He says he is no techie or gadgeteer but here's his picks.


Catch him on the June Issue of Gadgets Magazine on stands first week of June! :)


*
young and free
the empty blackboard
*


p.s.
Jens, you owe me some JD's and scuba diving.
Dreams dear, dreams. (sorry inside joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment