Monday, March 12, 2012

All the...

All the places I should have gone to, All the dreams I should have planned, All the adventures I should have took. There are so many things I want to do, I know I am not alone in that department. We all have a long list of the things we want to do, but if only money and time permits. Maybe I have found the perfect job to pile some personal stuff under that, to bury some of the shit I am trying to pass. I constantly tell myself how everything will be alright. Someday, somehow, everything will be alright. And I've been saying that to myself for the past 5-8 years, I'm keeping my hopes up. til now.

Anyway, the busy me recently took a trip around the Philippines. The back-packer that I am decided to bring, well, a backpack for a trip to two cities in one weekend. I usually bring crazy loads of stuff when travelling but I decided to take to low key and just go with a backpack and try to survive within those days with solely that.

no distractions
I don't really write about my travels especially when I can't bombard my post with photos, I recently lost my Samsung camera and have no intentions of getting a new one. But what I loved about travelling so bare is that I get to remember every single detail of every single thing I saw. I wasn't worried of not taking enough photos or not having anything to post on my blog or on my facebook or even something to tweet.

it TOPS my list
It was past midnight, we traveled up south to Cebu Tops. A sky garden where you can see the whole of Cebu. It was dark and the only light you will see are of the buildings and the street lights of the busy city. I we're on top of the World, I loved Cebu very much. I wanted to stay there longer, but I have a life waiting for me in Manila. I sat at the edge of the cliff and told myself that if I could only go to this place everyday, I could have fulfilled my heart.

I am not a back-packer
On the way back I sat at the window seat, took some time to look at all the places I should've gone to instead of sleeping at the hotel. I am not really a back-packer, I don't live by the bag on my back. I just keep the memories there and move from place to place. I don't try to live with the locals to experience their culture, I live on the edge to make an experience for myself. I love hotels, they give me the relaxation that I need. I travel because I want a getaway, If I wanted adventure I would have gone to the busy streets of Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment