Thursday, June 14, 2012

that kind of guy

 Assholes, they usually come and go and some literally just fuck and go. I haven't really thought about this til I have to write an article about relationships, not that I've been in many but I think I can honestly say that i'm the stereotypical 20th century Pinay that lives a typical life in a typical city and I know my story is just as boring or exciting as everyone else.

So after reading "That kind of guy", I realized everyone in such friends-with-benefits-type relationships should lay ground rules. Rules that shouldn't involve caring or feelings, these are people you run to whenever you are alone or whenever you can't seem to go out with your friends. Really, these kinds of relationships will only end up one way or another, it's either a fairy tale love story that they will eventually end up together or they will just forget each other when someone else comes along.

You see, girls are sucker for sweet guys even though they are just playing around. This is exactly the reason why guys shouldn't give anything to a girl especially when you both had an agreement that the "relationship" isn't "REALationship" material. Girls will always appreciate coffee in the morning she slept over but never give her gifts like flowers, chocolates or whatever that seems to kind. Don't get me wrong here, a girl would fall crazy in love with you or just run out the door because in the first place they had this friends-with-benefits-kind of relationship with you because it has a clear rule of nobody will get hurt and one can always just walk out the door when they don't feel like it anymore. You have to be ready to walk away at any time. That's what makes it not serious.

Sending them messages every hour of the day isn't necessary especially if it's not the day that you guys will meet. You don't have to tell them the details of your life, they have limited access to the things that are too personal to you. You are casual friends.

So why are there relationships like this? First is because some people are just in it for the deed, some doesn't want the commitment, some just needs someone to be with and lastly, some are just to stubborn to see that the person they call their "friend" is the one they really want.

I don't know if I made a point, but I hope I did and I hope the article I sent to cosmo will be worthy of a page. haha!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment