Monday, July 18, 2011

behind

sorry but this is probably the most confused thing I ever wrote, and to tell you the truth, this is going nowhere.

It was only twice that I heard of my mom and dads love story, and I never really did ask about it. I was happy with what we all have. I have a mom, a dad and a brother, It was a simple story.

My parents' story isn't really telenovela-like, but it was a cute story.

Like any Mcdonalds commercial, theirs involved being there and being in love right there and then. I wanted to say that it was happily ever after, but then, it wasn't the most perfect story.

20 years after, here we are.

Torn, confused, mad.

I always get jealous of my mom and dad, my mom was always dads favorite, it was sweet. I can see him move mountains for mom, I grew up seeing my dad give the world to my mom. She was a spoiled brat, and she grew that way in our family. Maybe she got used to all the attention and all the gifts dad showers her, but it wasn't until we all realize that mom is taking advantage of dads love for her. She made too many mistakes which I don't even want to elaborate. She left us too many times, that I can't even count how many times she came back around as if nothing happened.

Dad, he's the only man I can say who had been brave enough to be here with us, I cannot express how happy I am to be with my dad right now. He grew stronger than of before, now he seems more calm and expressive. Despite morning fights on what i'm wearing and what time i'll be going home, he is still one of the reasons why I want to go home. Seeing my dad and being able to talk about anything, especially politics and sports.

I am not mad at my mom, I can be but I chose not to. She's still my mom, I know she fucked up her life and I want to help her rebuild what was once hers. Her career, her life. But now, as she walked away once more, I am left with no choice, but to give up on her.

I know this is all so confusing, but three years ago I had the same sentiment and I thought I escaped from it, I didn't really. It's here, once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment