Tuesday, May 17, 2011

last race, last phase


From my last post, I said I like extreme sports.
Other than the usual ones, it requires more courage, strength and knowledge to do such.
That is why I loved Maico Buncio.
Like the others who met him, heard of him, knew him.

At 21, he was reigning supreme on the superbikes division.
Winning one right after the other, he seem unstoppable.

Maico is my friends cousin, the night he had the accident we we're talking about him. I was supposed to get him for a feature on our magazine, I was asking about their standing on the ARRC. Little did we know that on those exact moments, he encountered an accident so tragic that I wouldn't mind spilling the details.


It was a 24-hour battle for Maico, it was hard but he fought hard. Just like how he fought for his crown on races. Nobody knew it was gonna be his last fight.

If you don't know him, you are missing out.
here's how he did on some of his races.
A streak of wins.

On a press conference I attended for Team Suzuki Pilipinas, I asked a few questions to Maico and here's how my paper looked like after the event. There we're just too many things I had to take notes of.

And did I mention Maico looks awesome?
No wonder girls are heart-broken by this tragedy.


I have never lost someone in an accident, so this is how it feels. It feels worse than anything.
You wouldn't really know when you'll be called up there on the heavens.

Coz on the heavens lay peace, you raced too fast to go this far.


"Ate, pagnanalo ako sa Asian, pagbalik ko ako na ang bagong Phil Younghusband". -Maico


Actually, I don't wanna see him this way.
I just want to remember him on a state where he is alive as ever; Racing.

You'll be remembered forever. 129.

Maico Greg Buncio
September 10, 1988-May 15, 2011



*
young and free
the empty blackboard
*

8 comments:

  1. He died doing what he loves to do..♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will never stop riding for you Maico! We will ride for you till our paths cross again.....

    Maico Greg Buncio #129

    you will never be forgotten.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll always be remember #129

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in peace Idol. We will never forget you. Please guide us while we ride...+

    ReplyDelete
  5. such good people.
    i'm sure maico will all look after us on the heavens above us,especially to his co-riders..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest in Peace, Sir Maico 129...

    ReplyDelete